Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Becky Hayden
Roseau Elementary is a wonderful place for LEARNING!
Title I is a program designed to give students small group support with reading and/or math skills. Lessons support the teaching skills done in the main classroom. The main goal is to give the students added teaching, practice and drill in a positive small group atmosphere.
- Standardized tests
- Classroom-based assessments and performance
- Data informed eligibility
- Teacher recommendation
ROSEAU ELEMENTARY AND TITLE 1
- We are currently a targeted program to boost student skills.
- Roseau Elementary uses Title I funds to help purchase technology and academic resources, host parent meetings and activities, provide reading intervention and provide collaborative planning and professional development for teachers.
- The compact is an agreement between parents and the school to help ensure each child’s academic reading success.
- By signing the compact, all agree they are going to work together to improve learning.
- This compact is required by the Federal Title 1 guidelines.
HOW CAN PARENTS GET INVOLVED?
By taking an active role in our school, parents show their children that they are valued and that education is important.
- Read to and with your child daily
- Attend orientation and parent involvement activities
- Attend parent/teacher conferences
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom
- Communicate with your child’s teachers
HOW CAN YOU HELP AT HOME?
Retelling is simply an account of a story’s key points, told in sequence. Retelling helps readers recall what is happening and also helps develop a sense of story. As you read with your child, remember to have a conversation about these important parts of the story:
- Main characters
- Setting (where the story takes place)
- Problem of the story
- Events in the order they happened
- End of the story or solution to the problem
<iframe width="250" height="375" src="http://widgets1.renlearn.com/content/htmlwidget/widget.html?widgetId=RCSPNCR&widgetHost=http://widgets1.renlearn.com/" frameborder="0"></iframe>